Jeff Barnes Resume
Law Enforcement, Security, Fire, and Program management professional with more than 30 years experience, excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrated interpersonal skills, and proven oversight expertise. Applicant is an integral member of any staff, able to serve organizational needs in leading and directing projects, delegating and completing work in a timely manner.
- Extensive law enforcement, safety, fire and program management experience
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Makes a substantial contribution to the continued operation and growth of the organization
- Constantly sharpens and updates skills by keeping informed of the latest trends and developments
Laramie County Sheriff’s Department — 1/2017—07/2021
Patrol Deputy Sheriff
Job description summary: Resident Deputy assigned to the east/west portions of Laramie County. Responsible for the protection of life and property by performing a combination of duties: suppressant crime patrol, issuing citations, summonses, investigating traffic accidents, apprehending and arresting suspects, processing prisoners, and protecting crime scenes; and to perform general and specific assignments from superior officers. Provide quality police service to all citizens, visitors, and businesses in an efficient and professional manner.
- Crisis Intervention Deputy providing assistance to citizens dealing with a variety of mental health concerns in the de-escalation of critical situations.
- Peer Support Deputy to provide emotional, social or practical assistance to department employees through mentoring, reflective listening or counseling.
- Public Information Officer to communicate timely department information with the news media and general public.
Hudson Services — 03/2015—12/2016
General Manager- Security Operations
Job description summary: General Manager contracting security services for organizations/businesses within the St. Louis metropolitan area. Maintained financial budgets, enforced compliance to policies and procedures, trained and mentored staff; engaged with customers to ensure high quality of service.
- Responsible for approximately 140 armed and unarmed security officers to include approx. 70 off-duty police officers, deputy sheriffs, park rangers and municipal officers.
- Employed corrective action as needed to ensure efficient operations, operational plans and goals.
- Collaborated with Human Resources regarding hiring, training and counseling employees on disciplinary matters and terminations.
- Implemented successful security employment strategy to improve quality of new hires resulting in revenue growth in established and emerging markets.
Nesher Pharmaceuticals (USA) LLC — 06/2014—11/2015
Job description summary: Manage the $500K security program for all company facilities to ensure compliance and the security of personnel, company material, information and property. Plan and design access control, intrusion detection and CCTV projects for all facilities, and initiating contracts with vendors. Coordinate security risk assessments; coordinate corrective actions for identified security exposures. Collaborate with DEA Compliance local agency to prevent the diversion of product.
- Collaborated with team planning and construction of new $20M laboratory providing input on the design, scheduling, and budget for CCTV, access control and alarm systems.
- Identified non-compliance standards mandated by 21 CFR to prevent controlled substance diversion resulting in a $100K saving to the company during lab construction.
- Developed plan for transportation of controlled substances to reduce diversion and faster law enforcement response times during potential incidents.
- Established networking events with surrounding police/fire agencies for preplanning emergency responses and joint training activities.
Embedded Law Enforcement Professional with MPRI — 05/2012 – 06/2013
(Division of Engility Corporation)
Job description summary: Worked under the auspices of Army Office Provost Marshal General, Criminal Investigation Division; International Security Assistance Force (ISAF). Partner with U.S. State Department and Department of Justice officials in establishing Rule of Law for criminal prosecutions. Embedded with 2nd Battalion 320th Field Artillery Regiment of the 82nd Airborne, First Brigade, First Armored Division, and 101st Airborne.
- Exploit tactical sites in complex, hazardous and ambiguous environments. Tactically question terrorist suspects; evaluate insurgent organizational structures.
- Utilize both open source and classified resources in developing critical data/ Monitor and develop intelligence on terrorist and foreign national activist groups.
- Developed innovative DNA evidence collection strategy that resulted in capture of suspected terrorists.
Security Manager — 09/2009 – 4/2012
Saint Louis Science Center
St. Louis, MO
Job description summary: Responsible for all operational duties regarding the daily operations of the Saint Louis Science Center Security Department. Protect the property and assets of the Science Center, its guests and employees, and ensure their safety.
- Review, evaluate and determine approval of expenditures for security budget.
- Supervise team of security officers to ensure adequate staffing for all operations and events.
- Planned for and staffed additional security personnel for special Science Center facility events.
- Safety Committee Chairman to inspect, enforce, and comply with Federal and State regulations.
- Conducted annual training for Security Staff
- Collaborated with engineers and building designers to plan security enhancements during new Science Center building expansion
Embedded Law Enforcement Professional with MPRI 03/2008 – 05/2009
L-3 Communications – Iraq
Job description summary: Support the Defense Department’s Joint Improvised Explosive Device Organization (JIEDDO) applying a law enforcement counter-criminal perspective to the execution of counterinsurgency operations in Iraq. Lead training on street-level counter-gang investigative tactics, techniques and procedures in a war fighting environment. Accompany mounted and dismounted patrols on street-level operations in hostile threat environments to instruct and mentor on appropriate law enforcement procedures.
- Strengthened and implemented comprehensive evidence collection procedures in Iraq to effectively identify individuals involved in terrorist activity.
- Identified judicial-level corruption involving the Iraqi Amnesty Law that caused the release of terrorist subjects. Subsequent consolidation of records will result in the re-arrest of over one hundred terrorists.
Lieutenant of Police/Division of Patrol Support — 01/2004 – 03/2008
St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department
St. Louis, MO
Job description summary: Oversee all operational duties and programs related to platoon actions; ensure full compliance with all rules, regulations, orders, directives and procedures.
- Review, evaluate and determine approval merit of any reports filed regarding policing matters that transpire during the tour of duty of the platoon
- Interpret the findings of investigations and mete discipline when appropriate regarding rules, orders, improper conduct and regulations that govern appropriate and ethical behavior by law enforcement officials
Sergeant of Police / Division of Patrol Support — 07/1996 – 01/2004
St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department
St. Louis, MO
Job description summary: Mentored subordinates and provided leadership; observed and provided corrective recommendations of officers’ performance. Ensured compliance at all times.
- Managed efforts to prevent crime, arrest violators and protect life and property; preserved the peace in accordance with departmental policies
- Evaluate incidents and draft reports that outline all facets of the situation in accordance with established policies and procedures including making recommendations for further investigations, law enforcement actions, charges and when necessary, corrective action
- Secure crime scenes, ensure the integrity of evidence and take measures to transport evidence in a manner that preserves its viability in legal cases
- Build relationships with “on the ground” patrol persons; evaluate performances and report potential issues with compliance or execution of duties to superiors
U.S. Air Force- Fire Protection Manager — 06/1976 – 09/2008
Chief Master Sergeant (E-9) Missouri Air National Guard
St. Louis, MO
Top Secret Clearance
Job description summary: As a top senior enlisted member of the USAF responsible for the enforcement of programs and procedures in compliance with all rules and regulations; manage personnel and direct their daily activities. Serve as a mentor for company-grade and field-grade commissioned officers, as well as noncommissioned officers and junior enlisted members, and to serve as advisors to unit commanders and senior officers. Graduate of the USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Course.
- Interpret and enforce policies and directives
- Assess needs and create procedures to adhere and meet all work goals and objectives
- Evaluate programs in-place and recommend corrective actions as needed
- 12/2001 – 02/2002, Engineering Readiness, Civil Engineering Directorate, HQ Air Mobility Command (ENDURING FREEDOM), Scott AFB, IL
- 08/2005 – 02/2006, Fire Protection Manager, 407th AEG/ECEF (Operation Iraqi Freedom), Camp Adder/Ali Base, Iraq
Master’s Degree / Business and Organizational Security Management — March 2008
Webster Groves, MO
BS, Political Science / Mass Communications — June 1986
Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville